A new hire checklist is a document that helps the managers and human resource department to ensure that are necessary requirements and formalities have been fulfilled for recruiting a new employee. It also guides the newly hired employees to go through the process of becoming part of the entity. In order to effectively and efficiently keep such a record, the entities often use new hire checklist templates.
For a certain job or position, you finally decide to choose one employee that meets the job requirements, after interviewing many candidates. Then the human resource department keeps proper track and record of the newly appointed person. It can be easily done by using a new hire checklist template.
Make sure to scroll down and check out the given below collection of new hire checklist templates, which are easy to download and use.
Proper New Hire Checklist Template
Sample New Hire Checklist Template
Standard New Hire Checklist
Staff New Hire Checklist Template
Company New Hire Checklist
New Local Hire Checklist Template
College's New Hire Checklist Template
Restaurant New Hire Checklist Template
University's New Hire Checklist Template
Health Center New Hire Checklist Template
Extensive New Hire Checklist Template
Supervisor's New Hire Checklist Template
Official New Hire Checklist Template
Simple New Hire Checklist Template
Catchy New Hire Checklist Template
Institutional New Hire Checklist
Employee New Hire Checklist Template
Steps for creating an effective New Hire Checklist Template
Following steps are usually involved in creating an effective and useful new hire checklist template:
- Make sure to submit a proper job requisition form with your human resource department and make the hire official. You should do this before proceeding any further.
- Carefully perform a background check in order to ensure safety and security of the entity’s clients and colleagues.
- Make contact with the employee and provide him the schedule of the first week. You should also provide some other basic information to the employee like time table, parking rules and dress code etc.
- Review the job descriptions and duties and email these documents to the employee. Provide the employee with an overall view of the work environment of the organization and make sure to answer any questions.
- Complete all the necessary documentation and formalities before the employee’s first day at work. Doing so will ultimately save the time for both employee and you and let you concentrate on more important issues.
- Make sure to take necessary steps in order to introduce a newly hired employee to the rest of the entity e.g, by setting up necessary staff meetings and workplace tours etc.
- Provide a proper work environment to the employee by providing them a clean work space, their business cards, access badges and other important equipment such as phone, computer, stationery etc.
- Make sure to provide necessary training to the new employee and arrange for trainers or experts.
More New Hire Checklist Templates
Detailed New Hire Checklist
Basic New Hire Checklist Template
Perfect New Hire Checklist Template
Specific New Hire Checklist
New Hire Checklist Example Template
Comprehensive New Hire Checklist Template
Special New Hire Checklist Template
New Hire Master Checklist Template
Group New Hire Checklist Template
Professional New Hire Checklist
Formal New Hire Checklist Template
New Hire Paperwork Checklist
Brief New Hire Checklist Template
Useful New Hire Checklist Template
Particular New Hire Checklist Template
Effective New Hire Checklist Template
Entity's New Hire Checklist Template
Important components of a New Hire Checklist Template
A new hire checklist template can be of different type for some entities depending upon their requirements or the nature of their business. However, following are some of the important components of any type of a new hire checklist template:
1. Induction program:
Every business entity arranges an induction program for their newly hired employees so that these employees get familiarize with the policies and procedures of the entity. So make sure to arrange an induction program for newly hired employees and introduce them to their departments, key personnel and provide them their job descriptions.
2. Job Contract:
Review the job contract or employment contract form before sending it to the newly hired employee. It is expected from the employee that he signs such a form after completely understanding the contract.
3. Company formalities:
The newly hired employee is required to sign many different necessary documents in order to comply with the requirements of the company. Mostly people sign such documents without completely reading and understanding them. So it is expected from the newly hired employee that he fully reads and understands the document.
4. Legal Requirements:
It is important for the entity to comply with all the legal requirements relevant to hiring of new employees. Legal requirements will vary depending upon the nature and location of the entity and its business.
5. General Information:
There is always some kind of information that can not be categorized, and such an information is included in this section. Such an information is important too and that is why it can not be ignored.
6. Employment Benefits:
During the process of hiring of an employee, the employee is required to sign some documents related to benefits package. Signing such documents will avoid any ambiguity or confusion between employees and the entity, about the coverage of benefits.
7. Contact Information:
It is a standard procedure that every newly hired employee should provide his complete and accurate contact and other personal information.