Not everything is known by everyone and sometimes a little help is required. Same is the case with businesses, especially companies. There are some circumstances or problems where the companies would require help from an outside expert or consultant on a certain subject matter. Then, the consultant analyzes the subject matter or the problem and propose suggested solutions, through an official report known as a consulting or consultant’s report. To make it look more professional and official, the consultant often use a consulting report template.
As mentioned above, a consultant prepares an official report for the client on a certain subject or problem that the client is currently facing. A consulting report template would save time for the consultant and also it is easily understandable for the client as well. For more clear understanding, make sure to check out the given below consulting report templates. These templates are free to download and you can also edit them to use for your own purposes.
Expert's Consulting Report Template
Simple Consulting Report Template
Labor Organization's Consulting Report Template
Field Expanison Consulting Report Template
Real Estate Consulting Report Template
Commission's Consulting Report Template
Health System Consulting Report Template
Stylish Company's Consulting Report Template
Technical Consulting Report
Quality Consulting Report Template
Project Consulting Report Template
Specific Consulting Report Template
Executive Consulting Report Template
General Format of a Consulting Report Template
A consultant prepares his consultant report according to the problem or the subject matter under consideration. While preparing the report, he should also consider the type of the organization as well. Regardless of the type of report, following is a general format of an official consulting report.
- Complete name of the report.
- Consultant’s full name.
- Full name of the client company.
- Full name of the consultant company.
- Date of delivery of report.
- The aim of writing the report.
- Key problems and issues which were needed to be addressed.
- Tools or methods to be used to analyze the problem or issue.
Table of Contents:
- Create a separate table of content section after all the other sections of the consulting report.
- Make a complete list of all sections of the consulting report with their page numbers.
- Make a complete list of all issues.
- Analyze and describe such issues.
- Analysis must be based on data and statistics.
- Include the reference of your sources too.
- Carefully write down your recommendations or suggestions on solving the current issue or problem.
- Make sure to keep these suggestions brief and straight forward.
- All the findings from the report and the suggestions are included in this section of the consultant’s report.
- It is your choice to write the summary of the report at the end, if you want to.
- This section should comprise of a brief overview of the issues, the solutions and analysis in the report.
Useful Consulting Report Templates
Management Consulting Report Template
Compatible Consulting Report Template
Demonstrative Consulting Report Template
Special Project's Consulting Report Template
World Bank Consulting Report Template
Institutional Consulting Report Template
Short Consulting Report Template
College Consulting Report Template
Company's Consulting Report
Formal Consulting Report Template
Entity's Consulting Report Template
Final Consulting Report Template
Standard Consulting Report Template
Tips for writing an executive summary section of the Consulting Report
The summary is a very important section of any type of a consulting report. It is an important aspect of the report because it includes a brief explanation of its main concept. Generally, the executive summary of a consulting report include the following basic element:
- The issue or problem that the client is currently facing.
- The findings of the expert including the facts and figures.
- The brief analysis of such findings.
- Suggestions or proposed solutions for the client.
- End result.
An executive and quality summary should have a brief format. It means that it should be written in such a way so that it briefly explains everything that is included in the report. Following are some of the tips for writing an effective and executive summary section of a consulting report:
- Even for long consulting reports, the summary section should not be of more than 2 pages.
- As mentioned earlier, the summary section should have an overall blunt and terse format.
- For a consulting report which is 3 to 4 pages in length, restrict the summary section to only one paragraph.
- For making the text more readable and visible, use bullet points and sub-headings.
- You can also use a graph or chart for your major suggestion or finding. It increases the beauty and visibility of the summary section.