Once an artist sets foot towards success, he needs people to manage his professional life. It becomes very difficult for him to do so on his own. So, the people that manage him are known as artist managers and the agreement between an artist and his manager is called artist management contract. Sometimes instead of writing a complete contract, management agency often use artist management contract templates for this purpose.
An artist management contract template, just like any other contract, should properly include the roles and responsibilities of both the artist and the manager, and all other necessary terms and details of the contract. Generally, the duty of a manager is to direct and guide the artist with the matters relevant to his career. It is very important that at the time of entering the contract, the artist and the manager must have clear understanding of their respective duties and responsibilities.
An artist management contract can be verbal as well as written, but it is recommended that it should be written so as to make it properly and legally enforceable. Make sure to check out the given below artist management contract templates.
Proper Artist Management Contract Template
Sample Artist Management Contract Template
Professional Artist Management Contract Template
Comprehensive Artist Management Contract Template
Artist Management Contract Terms Template
Best Artist Management Contract Template
Model Artist Management Contract Template
Extensive Artist Management Contract Template
Lengthy Artist Management Contract Template
Example Artist Management Contract Template
Artist Management Contract Sample Template
Brief Artist Management Contract Template
Entertainment Artist Management Contract Template
Essentials of an Artist Management Contract Template
Following are some important components of a valid artist management contract template:
1. Manger’s Exclusivity:
It is very common for the mangers to manage more than one artists at the same time. So, if a manager is managing the other artists as well, this fact must be clearly mentioned on the contract.
2. Time Period:
The contract must include the duration or term for which the manager will manage the artist.
At the time of formation of an artist management contract, it is important that the artist and the manager must have same set of mind regarding the manager’s authority in artist’s professional life and career.
4. Authority to make decisions:
In an artist management contract, it must be clearly stated that whether or not the manager has complete or partial authority to make decisions on behalf of artist.
The contract must clearly state that how the manager will be compensated. Most commonly, the compensation awarded to a manager, for his services, is in the form of commission. In the contract, the rate of commission must be clearly mentioned.
Who will be responsible for the payment of expenses? This important issue must be sort out by the manager and the artist by mutual understanding. In the contract, it should be clearly stated that which type of expenses should be paid by the artist and which expenses are to be borne by the manager.
7. Management of Cash:
The contract should include a statement about how the earnings of the artist will be received or managed. Mention whether these earnings or funds will be paid directly to the artist or through the manager. In this section, the manager’s responsibility to report expenses and revenues to the artist, should also be stated.
Practical Artist Management Contract Templates
Musical Artist Management Contract Template
Special Artist Management Contract Template
Personal Artist Management Contract Template
Basic Artist Management Contract Template
Company's Artist Management Contract Template
Detailed Artist Management Contract Template
Artist Management Agreement Template
Formal Artist Management Contract Template
Ordinary Artist Management Contract Template
Typical Artist Management Contract Template
Agent's Artist Management Contract Template
Artist Management Contract Format Template
Appropriate Artist Management Contract Template
Benefits of having an Artist Manager and Artist Management Contract Template
Following are some of the most common benefits of a valid artist management contract template:
- The manager plays a very important role in exposure and promotion of an artist. He can help you get reviews and public attention.
- A well reputed manager’s contact list and personal relations help an artist to step forward in his professional career. The relationships established by a manager for many years, ultimately benefit an artist professionally.
- A manager works out necessary career moves that are important for your growth as an artist in an industry. A manager’s connections help an artist to find many opportunities.
- A manager, by analyzing the statistics and trends, can also guide and give you some important suggestions regarding what to do next i.e, what type of movie you should do next (in case of an actor) or what type of next song that you should work on ( in case of a singer or musician) etc.
- The most common and important job of an artist’s manager is to handle daily operations of an artist. The management of an artist’s schedules, national or international tours and his performances etc. are all part of his job.
- A manager not only helps an artist to just make connections but also to keep such connections consistently intact, which is very important for the advancement of an artist in his career.
- A manager manages an artist in a very organized, effective and efficient way. This will lessen your burden as an artist and you will keep your focus more towards the work.